AFCON: "It’s Time For Me To Retire… Let The Youth Take Over" – John Obi Mikel - Lagos Explorer - Tourism | Business | Culture

Header Ads

  • Breaking News

    AFCON: "It’s Time For Me To Retire… Let The Youth Take Over" – John Obi Mikel


    After the third-place match, John Obi Mikel has announced his retirement from the Super Eagles of Nigeria. He has evaluated his role and contributions to the just concluded AFCON and realized that it is time for him to bid farewell to his participation in the Super Eagles team.


    Image result for pictures of mikel obi

    Mikel has come to the conclusion believing it is time to give room to the younger generation to bring their flair and energy to the growth of the team.

    “Egypt is a country where I’ve started and have finished my National career. In 2006 I played my first official championship for my country. 2019 African Cup of Nations marks my last championship for National Team with Super Eagles.

    Image result for pictures of mikel obi

    “My National career started in 2003 U17 World Cup and I’m grateful for my skill and have an incredible National and International career.




    “At the age of 32 it’s time for me to retire from the National team and let the youth take over, who’ve done an amazing job securing a bronze medal at AFCON 2019.

    "Thank you to all my Nigerian supports and to my country for all the trust, support and love you've shown me over the past 15 years."

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad